Dinner can be cheap and cheerful with this flavoursome family recipe.
The ingredient of Spicy tortilla soup
- 1 tablespoon Alfa One rice bran oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 850ml can tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 flour tortillas, cut into 2cm pieces
- Rice bran oil, for shallow frying
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander sprigs
The instruction how to make Spicy tortilla soup
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add onion, garlic and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion has softened. Add chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Process onion mixture and pasta sauce until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Add tomato juice and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook tortilla pieces, in batches, for 30 seconds or until golden and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Divide half the tortillas between bowls. Ladle over soup. Serve sprinkled with coriander and remaining tortillas.
Nutritions of Spicy tortilla soupcalories: 333.166 calories
calories: 14.9 grams fat
calories: 3.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 40.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7.1 grams protein
calories: 1234 milligrams sodium