Spice up tonights fish dinner with tandoori flavours.
The ingredient of Tikka swordfish skewers with feta rice
- 650g swordfish steak, skin removed, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt (thick)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, rinsed
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Tikka swordfish skewers with feta rice
- Thread fish pieces onto skewers. Place in a shallow ceramic dish.
- Combine tandoori paste, garlic, ginger, yoghurt and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and salt. Brush fish skewers with tandoori mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Add rice. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Stir in stock and bay leaf. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender and has absorbed stock. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
- Preheat a barbecue plate on medium-high. Brush plate with remaining oil. Cook skewers, turning often, for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish is just cooked. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Spoon rice into bowls. Top with skewers. Sprinkle with feta and coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Tikka swordfish skewers with feta ricecalories: 906.049 calories
calories: 46 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 67 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 54 grams protein
calories: 1676.72 milligrams sodium