Lets get rolling with this Asian-inspired satay noodle and meatball dish.
The ingredient of Satay noodles and meatballs
- 4 green onions
- 500g pork mince
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 450g packet fresh thin hokkien noodles
- Baby pak choy, steamed, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Satay noodles and meatballs
- Finely chop 1/2 the onions. Thinly slice remaining onions. Set aside. Place mince, breadcrumbs, egg and finely chopped onion in a bowl. Season. Mix well. Roll 2 level teaspoons of mince mixture into balls.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, in batches, turning, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned all over. Drain on paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add capsicum, garlic and sliced onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until capsicum is softened. Add peanut butter, coconut milk, chilli sauce, kecap manis, fish sauce, juice and 1/3 cup water. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Return meatballs to pan. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles following packet directions. Drain well. Serve noodles with meatballs, steamed pak choy and lime wedges. Sprinkle with coriander.
Nutritions of Satay noodles and meatballscalories: 835.544 calories
calories: 44.8 grams fat
calories: 17.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 61.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 44.5 grams protein
calories: 114 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1022 milligrams sodium