For a satisfying savoury snack, try these delicious satay brown rice bliss balls. Lightly spiced and rolled in coconut, youll be begging for seconds!
The ingredient of Satay brown rice bliss balls
- 200g (1 cup) brown rice
- 70g (2/3 cup) desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 90g (1/3 cup) natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
The instruction how to make Satay brown rice bliss balls
- Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until light golden. Transfer to a shallow bowl and set aside to cool. Wipe frying pan clean with paper towel.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallot, turmeric and chilli flakes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the peanut butter and soy sauce and stir to combine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Process the peanut butter mixture, coriander, half the rice and 1/4 cup toasted coconut until well combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the remaining rice. Season to taste.
- Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Roll balls in remaining toasted coconut to lightly coat. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutritions of Satay brown rice bliss ballscalories: 103.8216 calories
calories: 5.8 grams fat
calories: 3.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 9.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 2.4 grams protein
calories: 131.3 milligrams sodium