An Asian meal of pork, egg and oven-baked rice. Allow 2 hours marinating time.
The ingredient of Satay pork with oven-baked turmeric rice
- 3/4 cup Thai satay stir-fry sauce
- 4 x 125g pork leg steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup fried shallots
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Satay pork with oven-baked turmeric rice
- Place satay sauce into a shallow ceramic dish. Add pork. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if time permits.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add rice and turmeric. Stir until well coated in oil. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Pour mixture into a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Cover. Place onto lowest shelf of oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wipe frying pan clean. Heat over high heat until hot. Add pork. Cook for 1 minute each side. Transfer to a baking tray. Place into oven above rice. Bake both for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until rice is tender and pork is just cooked through.
- Stir shallots and parsley through rice mixture. Spoon onto serving plates. Top with pork and eggs. Serve.
Nutritions of Satay pork with oven-baked turmeric ricecalories: 750.699 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 78 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 41 grams protein
calories: 1199.92 milligrams sodium