Create a healthy meal with this salmon quiche and lightly dressed salad.
The ingredient of Smoked salmon and basil tart with lemon and parsley salad
- 2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 200ml creme fraiche or light sour cream
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 250g sliced smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, very thinly sliced
- 50g capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 110g chilled unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup (25g) grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Smoked salmon and basil tart with lemon and parsley salad
- For the pastry, whiz the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the parmesan and 1/4 cup (60ml) water. Process until pastry comes together in a ball. Enclose in plastic wrap, then chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C, and grease a 24cm loose-bottomed tart pan. Roll out the pastry to 3mm thick on a lightly floured surface, then use to line the tart pan. Line the pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Blind-bake for 10 minutes, remove paper and weights, then bake for a further 5 minutes until golden.
- Whisk the eggs and extra yolk in a bowl with the creme fraiche. Season with pepper (the salmon will be salty enough) and stir in the basil. Scatter the salmon over the base of the tart, then pour over filling. Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, zest the lemons and place the zest in a large bowl. Cut away the lemon skin and pith. Holding the fruit in your hand, use a knife to cut the segments away from membrane. Add the segments to the bowl with the parsley, fennel, capers, oil, salt and pepper, then toss.
- Cool the tart for 10 minutes, then slice and serve with the salad.
Nutritions of Smoked salmon and basil tart with lemon and parsley saladcalories: 577.424 calories
calories: 41 grams fat
calories: 21 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 20 grams protein
calories: 205 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 715.85 milligrams sodium