Recently engaged Marion Grasby avoids wedding menu meltdown with these foolproof canapes.
The ingredient of Pork and prawn lemongrass skewers
- 5 lemongrass stalks
- 200g minced pork
- 250g medium green prawns, peeled, cleaned, roughly chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) white vinegar
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Pork and prawn lemongrass skewers
- To make dipping sauce, place sugar, vinegar and 60ml (1/4 cup) water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Leave to cool, then stir in coriander and chilli. Makes 3/4 cup.
- Trim ends from 4 lemongrass stalks, then cut each into 3 x 6cm lengths to make 12 lemongrass skewers. Set aside.
- Finely chop white part of remaining lemongrass stalk (discard rest of lemongrass) and place in a food processor with pork, prawns, egg white, garlic, chilli, coriander, mint, white pepper, fish sauce and sugar. Process until just combined.
- Using damp hands, roll heaped tablespoons of pork mixture into 12 balls. Shape each ball around a lemongrass skewer to form a small sausage shape. Place on a lightly greased oven tray and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Working in 2 batches, cook skewers, turning, for 6 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Place on a platter and serve with coriander-chilli dipping sauce.
Nutritions of Pork and prawn lemongrass skewerscalories: 91.298 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 30 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 184.76 milligrams sodium