This fruit cake doesnt contain gluten but tastes like a regular fruit cake. You can eat the cake a day or two after baking but its best left for a week before cutting.
The ingredient of Gluten-free fruit cake
- 340g (2 cups) raisins
- 320g (2 cups) sultanas
- 70g (2/3 cup) glace cherries
- 125g (3/4 cup) candied mixed peel
- 125mls (1/2 cup) sherry, port, brandy or dark rum
- Melted butter or margarine, for greasing pan
- 1 lemon
- 250g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 125g (3/4 cup) blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 180g (2 1/4 cups) soya flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) cornflour
- 90g (1 1/2 cups) baby rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 40mls (2 tablespoons) sherry, port, brandy or dark rum, extra
The instruction how to make Gluten-free fruit cake
- Combine the raisins, sultanas, glace cherries, mixed peel and sherry or other alcohol in a glass or ceramic bowl. Cover and stand at room temperature for at least 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Grease a 20cm square cake pan with the melted butter or margarine and line base and sides of the pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Finely grate the rind from the lemon and juice the fruit. Use electric beaters to beat the butter, caster sugar and the lemon rind and juice in large bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the soaked fruit and almonds and stir well to combine.
- Sift together the soya flour, cornfiour, baby rice cereal, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice and fold into the fruit mixture with a large metal spoon.
- Spoon cake mixture into the prepared pail, pressing well into the corners of the pan. Smooth the surface and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Reduce oven temperature to 125u00b0C and bake for a further 2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the extra sherry or other alcohol.
- Wrap pan in 2 clean tea towels. Stand until cake is cold. Remove cooled cake from pan and wrap in foil. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nutritions of Gluten-free fruit cakecalories: