These delicious risotto cakes makes simple dinners feel special. Serve it on different nights with grilled ocean trout, or as part of a vegetarian main.
The ingredient of Green-pea risotto cakes
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 green shallots, trimmed, finely chopped
- 330g (11/2 cups) arborio rice
- 120g (3/4 cup) frozen peas
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 35g (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs made from day-old bread
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
The instruction how to make Green-pea risotto cakes
- Bring the stock just to the boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and hold at a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, heavy-based non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add the green shallots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until they soften. Add the rice and stir for 1 minute or until the grains are coated with oil and appear slightly glassy.
- Add a ladleful (about 125ml/1/2 cup) of simmering stock to rice mixture and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the liquid is completely absorbed. Continue to add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Cook for a total of 20 minutes or until rice is tender yet firm to the bite and risotto is creamy.
- Add peas and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until bright green and heated through. Remove from the heat and stir in parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and set aside for 1 hour to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- Add the breadcrumbs and egg to the risotto mixture and stir until well combined. Divide into 12 equal portions and shape each into a round 7cm patty. (To freeze the patties, see To Freeze, below.)
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the extra oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the patties and cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a large plate lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat with the remaining oil and patties.
Nutritions of Green-pea risotto cakescalories: 290.863 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 49 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 36 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 726.33 milligrams sodium