Skip a trip to the local takeaway and impress your dinner guests with these crab & corn cakes with coriander dipping sauce.
The ingredient of Crab and corn cakes with coriander dipping sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 coriander sprigs, stalks only roughly chopped (leaves go into sauce, below)
- 420g can sweet corn, drained
- 200g fresh crab meat
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves finely chopped
The instruction how to make Crab and corn cakes with coriander dipping sauce
- Place egg, flour, garlic, coriander stalks (only stalks) and one-third of the corn in a food processor and process to a rough paste. Add remaining corn, crab and spring onion, then pulse briefly to just combine. Season well.
- For the dipping sauce, place sugar in a pan with rice wine vinegar and 1/4 cup of water, then stir over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cool slightly, then add fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce, fresh chilli and chopped coriander leaves. Set aside.
- Half-fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan with oil and heat to 190u00b0C (a cube of bread will turn golden in 30 seconds when oil is hot enough).
- Working in batches, carefully drop heaped tablespoons of batter into the oil for each fritter. Fry for 1-2 minutes until golden and crisp, turning. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Nutritions of Crab and corn cakes with coriander dipping saucecalories: