Serve these prawn cakes with a healthy does of snow pea salad for a balanced meal.
The ingredient of Coriander prawn cakes with snow pea salad
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves,(see note) thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1.5kg large green prawns, peeled, cleaned
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 400g snow peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 2 long red chillies, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
The instruction how to make Coriander prawn cakes with snow pea salad
- To make sweet chilli dressing, place sugar, vinegar and chillies in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to mediumu2013high and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add fish sauce and stir to combine. Set aside to cool. Makes 1/2 cup.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place chilli, lime leaves, ginger and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add prawns and 1/4 cup coriander leaves and process until prawns are roughly chopped. Divide mixture into 12 balls, then shape into 3cm patties and place on tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place snow peas in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 1 minute or until just tender. Refresh under cold running water and drain well. Return to bowl with onion, remaining coriander leaves and 1 tablespoon dressing, and gently toss to combine.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Working in 2 batches, cook prawn patties for 2 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked.
- Divide snow pea salad among plates, then top with prawn cakes and drizzle with remaining sweet chilli dressing. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Coriander prawn cakes with snow pea saladcalories: 427.093 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 32 grams sugar
calories: 56 grams protein
calories: 380 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1138.19 milligrams sodium