Light, moist and simple gorgeous -- just a few of the reasons why Taste members love this cake recipe.
The ingredient of Pistachio & apple cake
- 2/3 cup (100g) unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1/4 cup (30g) rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder*
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) ground almonds
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar, extra
- 50g apple, such as fuji, unpeeled and grated
- 50g butter, melted
- Sweetened mascarpone
- Shredded mint
The instruction how to make Pistachio & apple cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line the base of a 26cm springform pan.
- Place the pistachio nuts and flour into a food processor and process until the nuts are finely ground. The flour helps the nuts to grind evenly. Add the baking powder and ground almonds and pulse till just combined.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg yolks and the first lot of sugar on high speed till the mixture is very thick. Stir in the ground nut/flour mix, apple and butter and stir well. The mix will be quite stiff at this stage.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites to soft peak stage then add the extra sugar and beat to firm peak stage. Gently fold the egg whites into the nut mixture in two batches. Place the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow the cake to set in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a cake rack to cool.
- To serve, dust the cake with a little icing sugar and serve slices with a dollop of marscarpone and a little mint.
Nutritions of Pistachio & apple cakecalories: 417.772 calories
calories: 26 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 33 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 177 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 202.04 milligrams sodium