These beautifully presented mini carrot cakes are a great party entertainer.
The ingredient of Mini carrot cakes
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mixed spice
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 eggs, separated
- 250g reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup gluten-free icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
The instruction how to make Mini carrot cakes
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases.
- Sift flours, spice, baking powder and soda into a bowl. Stir in almond meal, sugar, carrot, half the walnuts and all the egg yolks. Mix well.
- In a large, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites, until stiff peaks form. Lightly fold into cake mixture.
- Spoon evenly into cases until 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 mins until cooked when tested. Cool in pan for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make cream cheese icing, beat cream cheese, icing sugar and orange juice in a bowl until well combined. Chill until required. Spread evenly over cakes. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
Nutritions of Mini carrot cakescalories: