This luscious cake is served with a generous drizzling of warm Earl Grey tea infused syrup.
The ingredient of Caramel citrus cake with Earl Grey syrup
- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (55g) almond meal
- 1/2 cup (125ml) buttermilk
- Double cream, to serve
- 4 Earl Grey tea bags
- 3/4 cup (175g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
The instruction how to make Caramel citrus cake with Earl Grey syrup
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a 20cm round cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat butter, sugar and golden syrup until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs and lemon rind.
- Fold in the flour, almond meal and milk until just combined. Spread mixture into pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, infuse the tea bags in 1 cup (250ml) boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags. Stir the tea, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Boil for 5-6 minutes until thickens.
- Turn cake out onto a plate. Use a skewer to pierce all over the top of the cake. Spoon one-third of the syrup over the cake. Allow to cool. Cut into wedges. Serve drizzled with remaining warm syrup and cream.
Nutritions of Caramel citrus cake with Earl Grey syrupcalories: