Make it fun with these risotto cakes, perfect for entertaining or as a snack.
The ingredient of Risotto cakes
- 500g kumara, peeled, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 3/4 cups arborio rice
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, or vegetarian hard cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup plain flour, seasoned
- Prepared aioli, to serve
The instruction how to make Risotto cakes
- Preheat oven to 200C. Combine kumara, rosemary and 1 tbsp oil on a baking tray. Season to taste and toss well. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and tender.
- Heat another tbsp oil in a large saucepan. Sautu00e9 onion and garlic for 3-4 mins until onion is tender. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Pour in wine, stir, then simmer for 1-2 mins until wine has almost evaporated.
- In a medium saucepan bring stock to the boil. Add hot stock to the rice mixture, 1 cup at a time, stirring until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender (approx 20 mins).
- Stir in parmesan, peas and parsley, reserving a little of the parsley for garnish. Transfer to a large bowl. Let cool, then chill until cold and firm.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Flatten slightly and toss in the flour.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan on medium. Cook risotto cakes, in 4 batches, for 2-3 mins on each side until golden. Serve with aioli. Garnish with parsley.
Nutritions of Risotto cakescalories: