The ingredient of Risotto cakes with caramelised tomatoes
- 30g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g arborio rice
- 75ml dry white wine
- 600ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 55g parmesan cheese
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Rocket leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Risotto cakes with caramelised tomatoes
- Melt butter in a medium frying pan over low heat. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until it softens. Add garlic and rice, and stir to coat. Stir in wine and cook until it has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil in a separate saucepan. Reduce heat to low and keep it simmering while you add a ladleful at a time to the rice, stirring rice constantly and allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding next ladleful. Cook until rice is tender yet firm to the bite. Stir in parmesan and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a shallow heat-proof container and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Add tomatoes and cook over high heat until both cut sides are crisp. Add the sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon of water. Cover and cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir egg into rice mixture and divide into 4 equal portions.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spoon a rice portion into pan and use the back of a spoon to spread it out to form a thick pancake. Cook for 2 minutes each side until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and place in warm oven while you cook the remaining cakes.
- Serve cakes on rocket and top with tomato and parmesan.
Nutritions of Risotto cakes with caramelised tomatoescalories: 497.12 calories
calories: 31 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 82 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1014.05 milligrams sodium