This carrot cake has sultanas for extra sweetness and moisture.
The ingredient of Carrot cake with light cream cheese icing
- 1 cup grated carrot (see note)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rice bran oil
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 20g butter, softened
- 80g light cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
The instruction how to make Carrot cake with light cream cheese icing
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place carrot, eggs, oil, sugar, sultanas, flour, mixed spice and 1/2 cup cold water in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean (cover cake loosely with foil if over-browning during cooking). Remove from oven. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Make light cream cheese icing: Using an electric mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and lemon rind until smooth. Gradually beat in icing sugar until mixture is light and fluffy. Spread icing over cake. Serve.
Nutritions of Carrot cake with light cream cheese icingcalories: 428.766 calories
calories: 15.8 grams fat
calories: 4.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 67.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.2 grams protein
calories: 47 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 265 milligrams sodium