The ingredient of Poached Asian fish rolls
- 4 (about 150g each) John dory fish fillets (or mirror dory or flounder), skinned
- 100g enoki mushrooms
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, cut into thin strips
- 1L (4 cups) fish stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely shredded
- 2 200g pkts udon noodles
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, bases trimmed, washed, halved lengthways
The instruction how to make Poached Asian fish rolls
- Place the fish fillets on a clean chopping board. Divide the enoki mushrooms and green shallots evenly among the fillets. Roll-up each fillet, starting from the tail end. Secure with toothpicks and set aside.
- Place the stock, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil and ginger in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles, bok choy and fish rolls to the pan. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve, remove the toothpicks from the fish rolls. Transfer noodles and vegetables to serving bowls. Top each with a fish roll and ladle the soup over. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Poached Asian fish rollscalories: