Rich in flavour, this soup is an essential part of all Japanese meals and its nutritious ingredients are guaranteed to make you feel good.
The ingredient of Miso soup with prawns, tofu and udon noodles
- 1 x 270g pkt dried udon noodles
- 24 (about 550g) small cooked prawns, peeled
- 150g silken firm tofu, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2L (8 cups) water
- 200g white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths diagonally
- 300g mixed Asian mushrooms (such as oyster, shimeji and shiitake)
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 2 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Miso soup with prawns, tofu and udon noodles
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Divide the noodles among serving bowls. Top with the prawns and tofu.
- Place the water and miso in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil, whisking often, until the miso dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the ginger and soy sauce to the pan. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus, mushrooms and spinach, and simmer for 30 seconds or until the spinach just wilts.
- Ladle the soup over the noodles. Sprinkle with shallot and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Miso soup with prawns, tofu and udon noodlescalories: 255.73 calories
calories: 4 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 22 grams protein
calories: 84 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1543.83 milligrams sodium