Taste.com.au member postiechic gave this recipe the thumbs up â€“ try it tonight and see what you think.
The ingredient of Zucchini and carrot quiche
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely grated
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup thin cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
The instruction how to make Zucchini and carrot quiche
- Place an oven tray in the oven. Preheat oven and tray to 190u00b0C. Line the base and sides of a 3cm deep, 22cm (base) flan dish with pastry, joining where necessary. Trim excess. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until pastry is firm.
- Bake pastry for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Reduce oven to 180u00b0C.
- Spread base of pastry with pesto. Squeeze excess moisture from zucchini and carrot. Combine and spread over pesto. Whisk eggs, cream and salt and pepper until combined. Pour over vegetables and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place flan on hot tray and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and set. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritions of Zucchini and carrot quichecalories: 683.301 calories
calories: 50 grams fat
calories: 26 grams saturated fat
calories: 40 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 622.14 milligrams sodium