Candied beetroot and goats cheese wrapped in pastry will be devoured quicker than you can say easy.
The ingredient of Candied beetroot and walnut cones
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 400g cooked beetroot, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 70g (2/3 cup) walnuts
- 6 frozen spring roll pastry wrappers, just thawed
- 110g goats cheese, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Candied beetroot and walnut cones
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Add the beetroot and walnuts. Simmer for 25 minutes or until thick and syrupy. Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place 2 wrappers on top of each other. Use a sharp knife to cut into 4 triangles. Brush the edges with water. Roll around non-stick cream horns and place, seam side down, on prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining wrappers. Bake, turning if necessary, for 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Use electric beaters to beat the cheese and cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Spoon or pipe cheese mixture into base of 1 cone. Add beetroot, then more cheese mixture. Top with beetroot, walnuts and mint. Repeat with remaining cones, cheese mixture, beetroot, walnuts and mint.
Nutritions of Candied beetroot and walnut conescalories: