With a golden surprise in the centre, these crunchy, flaky pastry treats are full of flavour.
The ingredient of Brik
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 180g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 teaspoon harissa (see note)
- 4 square (215 x 215mm) frozen spring roll wrappers, just thawed
- 4 eggs
- Light olive oil, to shallow-fry
- Fresh continental parsley sprigs, to decorate
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Brik
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the tuna, capers, parsley and harissa. Stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper on a clean work surface. Top with one-quarter of the tuna mixture and make a well in the centre. Crack an egg into the well. Lightly brush the edges of the pastry with water. Fold in half diagonally to enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining spring roll wrappers, tuna mixture and eggs.
- Add enough light olive oil to a frying pan to come 2cm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium heat. Add 1 pastry triangle to pan and cook, turning once, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 3 more batches, with remaining pastry triangles, reheating oil between batches. Serve with parsley and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Brikcalories: 310.7 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 10 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams protein