Tarragon gives a fantastic flavour to these perfectly golden chicken pies.
The ingredient of Chicken and tarragon pies
- 1 bunch bulb spring onions
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 750g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 4 sheets frozen ready-rolled reduced-fat puff pastry, partially thawed
- olive oil cooking spray
The instruction how to make Chicken and tarragon pies
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Grease four 1 3/4-cup capacity ramekins or pudding basins. Trim and quarter onions, leaving 1cm of green stalk at top.
- Melt margarine in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until juice evaporates. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add stock and tarragon. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Combine cornflour and 2 tablespooons water. Pour into pan in a steady stream, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Simmer for 2 minutes or until thick. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool completely.
- Using the top of dish as a guide, cut a disc 2cm wider than the dish (all the way round) from each sheet. Spoon filling into ramekins. Top with pastry rounds, pressing edges to seal. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper. Cut a small cross in pie tops. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is light golden and puffed.
Nutritions of Chicken and tarragon piescalories: 527.234 calories
calories: 14.4 grams fat
calories: 5.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 43.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 53.9 grams protein
calories: 125 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 917 milligrams sodium