The ingredient of Rockmelon custard tart
- 2 sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 1/2 (500g) rockmelon, peeled, seeds removed, quartered, thinly sliced
- blueberries, to serve
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 cups milk
The instruction how to make Rockmelon custard tart
- Make custard: Whisk egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Stir in cornflour. Slowly add milk, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Pour mixture into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Boil for 1 minute. Pour into a heatproof bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Allow to cool. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- Place a large baking tray in the oven. Preheat oven to 200u00b0C.
- Line base and sides of a 2.5cm-deep, 11.5cm x 34cm (base) loose-based tart pan with pastry. Trim excess pastry. Place pan in freezer for 20 minutes or until frozen.
- Place pan on hot baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is light golden and cooked through. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread custard over base of pastry case. Arrange melon over custard. Serve with blueberries.
Nutritions of Rockmelon custard tartcalories: 403.193 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 50 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 86 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 288.78 milligrams sodium