Super-healthy vegetables bathe in a bowl of tangy tomato soup in this easy winter warmer.
The ingredient of Bean and tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices pancetta, chopped
- 1 leek (white part only), rinsed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 410g canned crushed tomatoes
- 1.25L (5 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 800g canned borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 16 cherry tomatoes on the vine, roasted
The instruction how to make Bean and tomato soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then add the pancetta, leek, carrot and rosemary. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for a further minute, then stir in the crushed tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, then add the borlotti beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Cool slightly, remove 2 cups of the soup and puree in a blender. Return to pan and stir with remaining soup.
- Ladle into 4 bowls and sit 4 roasted tomatoes in each. Serve with cheese sticks or grissini.
Nutritions of Bean and tomato soupcalories: 285.605 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 14 grams protein
calories: 1940.79 milligrams sodium