Persian feta, dried cranberries and dukkah give this hearty quinoa salad an authentic Middle Eastern flavour.
The ingredient of Quinoa, pumpkin and broad bean salad
- 750g Kent pumpkin, skin on, seeded, cut into 1cm-thick wedges
- 2 teaspoons dukkah, plus extra to sprinkle
- 195g (1 cup) quinoa, rinsed
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) water
- 350g frozen broad beans
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 4 small radishes, sliced
- 40g (1/4 cup) dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pepitas, lightly toasted
- 1 small bunch watercress, leaves picked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 50g Persian marinated feta, plus 2 teaspoons oil from the jar
The instruction how to make Quinoa, pumpkin and broad bean salad
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan forced. Place pumpkin on a lined baking tray in a single layer. Spray with oil and sprinkle with dukkah. Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the quinoa and water in au00a0saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the water has evaporated and the quinoa is just tender. Set aside to cool.
- Cook broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes until tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain. Peel skins and discard.
- Place cooled quinoa, broad beans, celery, radish, cranberries, pepitas and watercress in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and oil from the feta jar. Season. Toss to combine.
- Place pumpkin on plates, top with quinoa mixture and crumble over marinated feta. Sprinkle with a little extra dukkah.
Nutritions of Quinoa, pumpkin and broad bean saladcalories: 99.902 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 57 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16 grams protein