The ingredient of Tomato & basil pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1.5kg medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 375mls (1 half cups) Massel vegetable liquid inventory
- 100g (half cup) Kalamata olives, pitted, quartered
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 500g pkt dried spaghettoni pasta (no. 7 pasta, Barilla emblem)
- 1 half of cups clean basil leaves, shredded
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
The instruction how to make Tomato & basil pasta
- Heat olive oil in a big saucepan over medium warmness. Add onion and cook dinner for 2-three minutes or till softened slightly. Add garlic and prepare dinner for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and inventory. Increase heat to excessive and convey to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Add olives and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile: cook dinner the pasta in a big saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet instructions, till al dente. Drain.
- Add the pasta and basil to the tomato sauce and toss until properly mixed. Divide amongst serving bowls. Top with Parmesan shavings and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Tomato & basil pastacalories: