Puttanesca is a sauce of capers, olives, and tomatoes. Traditionally, it is served with spaghetti in a dish referred to as whore-style pasta. The origins of its name are controversial, but one issues for certain - it makes an easy, quick, cheap and scrumptious pasta sauce!
The ingredient of Pasta puttanesca
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small purple chilli, finely chopped
- 75g pitted green olives, sliced
- 75g pitted black olives, sliced
- 6 semi-dried tomatoes, reduce into skinny strips
- 2 tablespoons salted capers, rinsed
- 425g can diced tomatoes
- 400g spaghetti
- half of cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Pasta puttanesca
- Heat oil in a frypan. Add garlic and chilli and prepare dinner over medium warmth for 1 minute. Add the olives, semi-dried tomatoes, capers and diced tomatoes and simmer for 20 mins. Season with pepper. Cook pasta in step with packet directions.
- Drain and return to pan. Add sauce and basil and toss collectively. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.
Nutritions of Pasta puttanescacalories: 547.31 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 78 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 582.22 milligrams sodium