Aromatic basil pesto enhances the sweet, baked pumpkin and provides a huge flavour punch to this pasta bake.
The ingredient of Creamy pumpkin and pesto pasta bake
- 800g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 small pink onions, reduce into thick wedges
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 375g dried Vetta Smart Pasta High Protein Low Carb penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, reduce into 2cm pieces
- 1/3 cup undeniable flour
- 2 x 375ml cans mild and creamy evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup basil pesto (shop-offered or see related recipe)
- 50g toddler spinach
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 150g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 1/four cup coarsely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Creamy pumpkin and pesto pasta bake
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Grease a 12-cup-ability baking dish. Place pumpkin and onion, in a single layer, on organized baking tray. Spray with oil. Roast for 20 minutes or till pumpkin is gentle. Reduce oven temperature to 180C/160C fan-compelled.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, till soft. Drain. Return to pan.
- Heat oil in a huge, deep frying pan over medium-high warmth. Cook bird, stirring, for 3 to 4 mins or till golden. Add flour. Stir to coat. Reduce heat to low. Add milk. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until barely thickened. Stir in pesto.
- Add pumpkin, onion, spinach, bird mixture and tasty cheese to pasta. Stir to mix. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Top with ricotta and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for half-hour or till golden. Stand for 5 mins before serving
Nutritions of Creamy pumpkin and pesto pasta bakecalories: 726.56 calories
calories: 24.5 grams fat
calories: 9.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 71.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 53.2 grams protein
calories: 114 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 515 milligrams sodium