The last combination of crispy pastry and succulent beef filling, this Steak Diane pie is the perfect iciness hotter that will satisfy all the family.
The ingredient of Steak Diane family pie recipe
- 1kg beef chuck steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons undeniable flour
- 2 tablespoons greater virgin olive oil
- 6 eschalots, halved
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- three garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/four cup brandy (optionally available)
- 1 half cups salt-reduced beef stock
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- half of cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped clean flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partly thawed
- 1 egg, lightly crushed
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Tomato chutney, to serve
The instruction how to make Steak Diane family pie recipe
- Place beef in a big bowl. Add flour. Toss to coat. Heat oil in a big saucepan over medium-high warmness. Cook red meat, in batches, for five minutes or till browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add eschalot, mushroom and carrot to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or till eschalot starts offevolved to soften. Add garlic and brandy, if the use of. Bring to the boil. Return pork and any juices to pan with inventory, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Return to the boil. Reduce warmth to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover. Simmer for a in addition 45 minutes or until beef is very tender and sauce has thickened. Stir in cream, peas and parsley. Season.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Spoon beef filling right into a 5cm-deep, 22cm (base) pie dish (see freezer be aware, right). Stack pastry sheets on pinnacle of every different. Press collectively to comfortable. Place pastry on top of lling in dish. Press edge with a fork to seal. Trim excess pastry. Brush top with egg. Make 4 8cm-lengthy cuts inside the top of pie to permit steam to escape. Season nicely with salt.
- Bake pie for half-hour or until pastry is golden and puffed. Stand pie for five minutes. Serve with steamed broccolini and tomato chutney.
Nutritions of Steak Diane family pie recipecalories: 864.224 calories
calories: 36.6 grams fat
calories: 14.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 53.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 66 grams protein
calories: 1190 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 203 milligrams sodium