Brighten up your dinner with a few jerk steaks and a facet of freshly made cornslaw.
The ingredient of Jerk steaks with cornslaw
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs greater virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, beaten
- 1 tsp floor allspice
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- half teaspoon ground ginger
- half of teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- four x 200g red meat rump steaks
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- 3 corn cobs, husks eliminated
- 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
- 1/four crimson cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, reduce into thin matchsticks
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
The instruction how to make Jerk steaks with cornslaw
- To make the jerk marinade, combine all of the substances, except the steak and rocket leaves, in a bowl. Season with salt and stir to mix. Add the steaks and flip to coat. Cover and set aside for as a minimum 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, for the cornslaw, cook dinner the corn cobs in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or till kernels are gentle, then drain and refresh in cold water. Pat dry with paper towel and slice off kernels.
- Combine with final cornslaw substances, then season and set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue to high.
- Cook the steaks for two half of minutes each side for medium or till cooked on your liking.
- Remove from warmth and rest, loosely protected in foil, for five minutes.
- Thinly slice the steaks, then serve with cornslaw and garnish with rocket leaves.
Nutritions of Jerk steaks with cornslawcalories: 644.822 calories
calories: 27.2 grams fat
calories: 6.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 35.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams sugar
calories: 65.7 grams protein
calories: 184 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 425 milligrams sodium