Light up the barbie with these juicy steaks served with creamy tarragon sauce and golden baked potato chips.
The ingredient of Steak with tarragon cream sauce and chips
- 1 kg brushed potatoes, peeled, cut into thick chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 250g Coles Australian Scotch Fillet Steaks, trimmed
- 1 brown onion shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pink wine vinegar
- half of cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon clean tarragon, finely chopped
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
The instruction how to make Steak with tarragon cream sauce and chips
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place potato on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Season with salt. Bake, turning once, for 40 mins or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, warmness the remaining oil in a massive frying pan over medium-excessive warmness. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Cook steaks for 2-3 minutes each side for medium-uncommon. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for five mins to relaxation.
- Add the shallot to the same pan and cook dinner over low warmness for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Add the vinegar and cook dinner for 1 min or until in general evaporated. Add the cream, mustard and tarragon. Cook over low warmth for three minutes or until combination has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Add the resting juices from the steak and stir to combine.
- Spoon the sauce over the steak. Serve with the chips and steamed broccolini.
Nutritions of Steak with tarragon cream sauce and chipscalories: