Try this conventional steak and peppercorn sauce recipe for dinner tonight.
The ingredient of Steak with peppercorn sauce and roast vegetables
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 2 cups leftover roast veggies (see associated recipe)
- 60g combined salad leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 x 125g beef sirloin steaks
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- half of cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Massel beef inventory
- 1 tablespoon inexperienced peppercorns in brine, tired
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- half of cup mild thickened cooking cream
The instruction how to make Steak with peppercorn sauce and roast vegetables
- Place asparagus in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for four to 5 minutes or till soft. Drain. Refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain.
- Place Roast vegetables, salad leaves and asparagus in a big bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and a couple of tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to mix.
- Drizzle steaks with 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-excessive heat. Cook steaks for three to 4 minutes every side for medium, or till cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Rest for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, reduce warmth to medium. Add ultimate oil to pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring sometimes, for five to 6 mins or until softened. Add wine and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 mins or till reduced by half of. Add peppercorns, mustard and cream. Simmer for 4 to five mins or until slightly thickened. Serve steak with peppercorn sauce and salad.
Nutritions of Steak with peppercorn sauce and roast vegetablescalories: 518.391 calories
calories: 31.4 grams fat
calories: 9.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 17.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33.6 grams protein
calories: 88 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 552 milligrams sodium