"This is one of my favourite treats to pack for picnics, lunchboxes and school fetes – I do love a sneaky shortcut!" - Michelle Southan
The ingredient of Banana caramel slice
- 2 (500g each) pkt banana & walnut bread slices
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 395g can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 180g butter
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
The instruction how to make Banana caramel slice
- Grease a 20 x 30cm (base measurement) slice pan and line the base and sides with baking paper. Trim the banana bread slices and place in the base of the pan to fit snugly.
- Combine the sugar, golden syrup, condensed milk, vanilla and 150g of the butter in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring, for 15-20 minutes or until mixture thickens and turns golden caramel.
- Remove caramel from the heat. Set aside to cool, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes. Pour the caramel over the banana bread and use a spatula to spread evenly. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the chocolate and remaining butter in a heatproof bowl. Microwave on High for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until melted and smooth. Spread evenly over the caramel. Place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to set. Remove from the pan and cut into pieces.
Nutritions of Banana caramel slicecalories: