Salty meets sweet in this heavenly combination of bacon, banana and peanut butter.
The ingredient of Bacon, banana and peanut butter cupcakes
- 2 x 250g pkts Primo Rindless Middle Bacon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, plus extra to drizzle
- 400g pkt White Wings Banana Bread Mix
- 2 bananas, mashed (about 200g)
- 2 eggs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 160ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 320g butter
- 240g (1 1/3 cups) icing sugar mixture
- 140g (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- Peanut brittle or peanut toffee, broken into shards
- Heart sprinkles, to serve
- Edible glitter, to serve
The instruction how to make Bacon, banana and peanut butter cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Line two medium muffin tins with paper cases. Finely chop 200g of the bacon, leaving the longer ends to make bacon roses. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and dry-fry for 2-3 minutes or until bacon is starting to turn golden. Add 1 tablespoon of syrup. Cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes or until the bacon turns a deep golden colour and is lightly crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Empty contents of banana bread mix into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add banana, cooled bacon, eggs, oil and milk and mix until well combined. Divide mixture into paper cases in prepared tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden. Leave in tins for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a mini muffin tin with oil spray. Roll the strips of remaining bacon into spirals, resembling a u2018roseu2019 shape and place into prepared tin. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and beginning to crisp. Brush each u2018roseu2019 with remaining maple syrup. Return to oven and bake for a further 15 minutes until golden. Carefully remove each rose to an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool completely.
- To make frosting, beat butter in an electric mixer until light and creamy. Gradually add icing sugar and beat well after each addition. Add peanut butter and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Decorate each cupcake with a bacon rose. Use a metal mallet or a rolling pin to smash the peanut brittle into large shards. Decorate cupcakes with peanut brittle, drizzle with extra maple syrup and scatter with sprinkles.
Nutritions of Bacon, banana and peanut butter cupcakescalories: