This totally scrumptious and super easy banana, date and honey bread is one the whole family will enjoy.
The ingredient of Banana, date and honey bread
- 125g canola spread, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 4 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 fresh dates, seeded, quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey
The instruction how to make Banana, date and honey bread
- Preheat oven to 170C (150C fan-forced). Grease a 7cm-deep, 9cm x 25.5cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 5cm overhang at both long ends.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating between additions. Add banana and beat until smooth and combined. Stir in sifted flour, bicarbonate of soda and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Scatter dates on top. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, covering with foilif dates start to over-brown, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool slightly. While warm, drizzle bread with honey.
Nutritions of Banana, date and honey breadcalories: