Finish off your Easter feast with this tasty hot cross bun bread and butter pudding.
The ingredient of Easter bread and butter pudding
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 4 (about 280g) bought hot cross buns
- 20g (1 tablespoon) butter, at room temperature
- 3 large ripe bananas, thickly diagonally sliced
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 250ml (1 cup) thin cream
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
The instruction how to make Easter bread and butter pudding
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a 5cm deep, 2 litre (8 cup) ovenproof dish with the melted butter to grease.
- Slice each bun vertically into 4. Spread 1 side of the slices with the butter. Arrange the bun slices, buttered-side up, and the banana slices alternately in the greased dish to form 2 rows that overlap slightly.
- Whisk the milk, cream and eggs together in a large jug. Pour evenly over the buns and bananas, then set aside for 10 minutes to let the buns soak up some of the liquid.
- Sprinkle the pudding evenly with the sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the pudding is set and golden on top.
Nutritions of Easter bread and butter puddingcalories: 437.37 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 41 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 168 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 232.62 milligrams sodium