Try this lower fat and low kilojoule version of a family favourite.
The ingredient of Banana muffins
- 75g (1/2 cup) oat bran
- 150ml milk
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 55g (1/3 cup) sunflower seed kernels
- 100g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Banana muffins
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C and line 12 medium (125ml/1/2-cup) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine the oat bran and milk in a medium bowl and set aside to soak.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour and baking powder together into a large bowl. Add the sugar and sunflower seed kernels, and stir until evenly combined.
- Add the melted butter, banana and eggs to the oat bran mixture and use a fork to stir until well combined. Add to the flour mixture and use a large metal spoon to fold together until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the lined muffin pans. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritions of Banana muffinscalories: 250.95 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 34 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams protein