Get the loaf balance right with this scrumptious baked treat starring fresh banana and caramel icing.
The ingredient of Banana caramel loaf
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana (see note)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 50g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
The instruction how to make Banana caramel loaf
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C/150u00b0C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 6cm-deep, 10cm x 20cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Add sugar. Stir to combine. Place milk, eggs and vanilla in a jug. Whisk to combine. Fold milk mixture and banana into flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Make icing Place brown sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes (donu2019t boil) or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in icing sugar until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread loaf with icing. Serve.
Nutritions of Banana caramel loafcalories: 423.508 calories
calories: 7.5 grams fat
calories: 4.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 83 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.8 grams protein
calories: 66 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 502 milligrams sodium