Savour the delicious combination of banana and coconut in Curtis Stones sweet walnut bread
The ingredient of Coconut banana walnut bread
- 4 small-medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Coles plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 110g cream cheese, softened
- 55g butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
The instruction how to make Coconut banana walnut bread
- Preheat oven to 175u00b0C.
- In medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, mash bananas, leaving some small chunks. Add sugars and combine well. Stir in butter. Then add egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Gently fold dry ingredients into wet. Combine thoroughly but do not over mix.
- Lastly fold in coconut and walnuts. Pour into greased or baking paper lined loaf pan.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes or until top is dark golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
- To make frosting, in large mixing bowl cream together butter and cream cheese using a hand mixer. Add remaining vanilla.
- Add sugar in two batches making sure it is creamy and smooth with no lumps.
- To serve, remove loaf from pan and discard any paper if used. Frost top only and cut into slices.
Nutritions of Coconut banana walnut breadcalories: 613.752 calories
calories: 28 grams fat
calories: 15.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 85.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 51.4 grams sugar
calories: 8.4 grams protein
calories: 87 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 485 milligrams sodium