Serve a healthier snack with your morning coffee, using less sugar, more fruit and wholemeal flour with this banana and walnut bread.
The ingredient of Banana and walnut bread
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup Low GI cane sugar, plus extra 1 tablespoon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup apple puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, plus extra 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon low-fat yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Banana and walnut bread
- Preheat oven to 170C (150C fan-forced). Spray a 8cm x 19cm loaf tin with cooking oil spray.
- Using electric beaters, beat margarine with Low GI sugar for 2 mins, until combined. Beat in egg. With a wooden spoon, stir in remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Spoon into prepared loaf tin, sprinkle with extra sugar and extra walnuts. Bake for 1 hr, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 5 mins then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve with yoghurt.
Nutritions of Banana and walnut breadcalories: