Cinnamon sugar completes these hot crispy fritters with a soft banana centre.
The ingredient of Pisang goreng
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml (1 cup) chilled water
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 6 bananas, peeled, thickly sliced diagonally
The instruction how to make Pisang goreng
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium a batter forms. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to a medium saucepan to reach a depth of 6cm. Heat to 190C over medium heat (when the oil is ready, a cube of bread will turn golden in 10 seconds.) Dip 4 banana slices in the batter. Carefully add to the oil and deep-fry for 3 minutes or until crisp and just golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 5 more batches, with the remaining banana and batter, reheating the oil between batches.
- Transfer the pisang goreng to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
Nutritions of Pisang gorengcalories: 332.21 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 1.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4.5 grams protein