Fire up your appetite with these sizzling Spanish prawns, served with toasted bread to mop up all the sauce. Recipe by Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Saucy Spanish prawns with chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 continental chorizo (about 130g), chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1kg raw banana prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 4 slices Coles Bakery Stone Baked Ciabatta Loaf*, toasted
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Saucy Spanish prawns with chorizo
- In a large frying pan or pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chorizo to a small plate and reserve.
- Add the fennel, onion, garlic and paprika to the pan or pot and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until vegetables are just wilted. Stir in wine and stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 mins to blend flavours.
- Stir in prawns and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 mins or until prawns are just cooked through. Remove from heat. Stir in reserved chorizo and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives, drizzle with more oil and serve with bread and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Saucy Spanish prawns with chorizocalories: 422.791 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 23 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 38 grams protein
calories: 1627 milligrams sodium