Our pumpkin, sultana and pepita loaf is perfect for morning or afternoon tea.
The ingredient of Pumpkin, sultana and pepita loaf
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (see notes)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat smooth ricotta, to serve
The instruction how to make Pumpkin, sultana and pepita loaf
- Place pumpkin on a microwave-safe plate. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth (youu2019ll need 1 cup). Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6.5cm-deep, 10cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan on all sides.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and oil for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Sift over flours and spices. Add sultanas. Stir to combine. Add pumpkin, banana and buttermilk. Stir until combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle with pepitas and sugar. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of loaf comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack lined with baking paper to cool. Slice, and serve with ricotta and extra cinnamon.
Nutritions of Pumpkin, sultana and pepita loafcalories: 281.303 calories
calories: 15.4 grams fat
calories: 2.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 29.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.8 grams protein
calories: 36 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 149 milligrams sodium