Theyre knot quite doughnuts, but these golden fried treats are simply sublime.
The ingredient of Doughnut knots
- 1 2/3 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar, plus 1/4 cup extra to dust
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 50g melted butter
- 1/2 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- Rice bran oil, to deep-fry
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
The instruction how to make Doughnut knots
- Place flour, sugar and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a hook. Mix to combine. Add butter, banana, eggs and milk and knead on medium-low speed until combined. Knead on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stand, covered, in a warm, draught-free place, for 11/2 hours or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down dough with fist. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 20cm x 18cm rectangle. Stand dough for 2 minutes. Cut out ten 2cm x 18cm strips. Make a knot with each strip and place on a large tray lined with baking paper. Cover and stand in a warm, draught-free place, for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan until 180C or until a piece of bread sizzled on contact. Deep-fry knots, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until golden, puffed and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Place extra sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Add warm knots and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Doughnut knotscalories: