Whip up a veal schnitzel dinner in no time by adding just a few of ingredients.
The ingredient of Marsala veal with spinach and mushroom
- 375g packet fresh fettuccine pasta
- 4 (500g) veal schnitzels (uncrumbed)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g butter
- 200g sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup marsala (see note)
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 75g baby spinach
The instruction how to make Marsala veal with spinach and mushroom
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut each schnitzel into 3 pieces. Place flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper. Coat each piece of veal in flour, shaking off excess. Heat oil and half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook veal, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until light golden. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Set aside.
- Add mushroom and stock to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Add marsala and cream. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium. Return veal to pan with spinach. Stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes or until spinach has just wilted.
- Add remaining butter to pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Toss over low heat until butter has melted. Serve pasta with veal mixture.
Nutritions of Marsala veal with spinach and mushroomcalories: 641.715 calories
calories: 37 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 34 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 37 grams protein
calories: 71 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 271.74 milligrams sodium