The heat of the chilli is cooled with the creamy coriander dressing.
The ingredient of Spicy chicken salad with coriander buttermilk dressing
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 (about 200g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 130g (1/2 cup) natural yoghurt
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Dairy Farmers buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked, washed, dried
- 1 Lebanese cucumbers, ends trimmed
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 red onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, extra
- Pappadums, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy chicken salad with coriander buttermilk dressing
- Combine the ground coriander, cumin, garam marsala, turmeric and oil in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, place the yoghurt, buttermilk, lemon juice and coriander leaves in the jug of a blender and blend until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a vegetable peeler to slice the cucumber and carrot lengthways into thin ribbons. Place in a large bowl with the onion, chilli, mint and extra coriander leaves. Toss to combine.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thickly slice the chicken across the grain.
- Divide the salad among serving plates. Top with chicken and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with pappadums.
Nutritions of Spicy chicken salad with coriander buttermilk dressingcalories: 322.65 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 49 grams protein
calories: 125 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 138.86 milligrams sodium