There is nothing nicer than the smell of Curtis Stones slow cooked osso bucco on a cold winters day!
The ingredient of Osso bucco with orange gremolata
- 1 cup plain flour
- 6-8 beef osso bucco, bone in, about 2-2 1/4 kg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 onions, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 stems parsley
- 2 cups marsala or white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
The instruction how to make Osso bucco with orange gremolata
- In a large shallow bowl, season flour with salt and pepper. Season beef on both sides with salt and pepper and coat beef in flour, shake off any excess. Set aside.
- Place 2 large frypans with high sides over medium heat and divide oil and butter between the two. Sear the beef on all sides until nicely browned, about 2-3 minutes per side, then set aside on a plate.
- Add half the onions, celery, carrot, garlic, bay leaf and parsley stems to one pan. Add the remaining vegetables and herbs to the other. Cook until onions have softened, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to high on both pans, add wine to both and allow wine to almost completely reduce, about 5 minutes. Divide beef between each pan. Divide the stock and tomatoes evenly among the two pans and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover each pan and simmer gently for about 2 hours or until meat is tender, basting the meat occasionally as it cooks.
- Remove lids and continue to simmer uncovered until sauce reduces enough to lightly coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl combine orange zest and parsley.
- To serve, place beef onto serving plates and spoon some of the reduced braising liquid over each piece of meat. Top with a sprinkle of the zest and parsley mix and serve.
Nutritions of Osso bucco with orange gremolatacalories: 696.924 calories
calories: 32.3 grams fat
calories: 11.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 44 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11.6 grams sugar
calories: 42.1 grams protein
calories: 141 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2053 milligrams sodium