Give the traditional bread and butter pudding a middle-eastern makeover with orange blossom water.
The ingredient of Arabian bread and butter puddings
- 1/2 x 430g loaf Turkish bread
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) milk
- 310ml (1 1 /4 cups) pouring cream
- 75g dried apricots
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water (see note)
- 50g pistachios
- Icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Arabian bread and butter puddings
- Preheat oven to 190C. Cut bread into approximate 2cm cubes. Place in a bowl. Place butter, spices and extra 2 tablespoons caster sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until butter is melted, then drizzle mixture over bread. Reserve pan. Using your hands, toss to combine. Divide bread among dishes.
- Place milk and cream in pan, then increase heat to mediumu2013high and bring almost to the boil. Meanwhile, roughly chop apricots and set aside. Whisk eggs, orange blossom water and caster sugar in a bowl, then gradually whisk in hot cream mixture.
- Pour hot cream mixture over bread, then scatter over apricots. Place dishes on an oven tray and bake on lowest shelf of oven for 20 minutes or until just set.
- Roughly chop pistachios, then scatter over puddings. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Arabian bread and butter puddingscalories: