The ingredient of Raisin bread & butter puddings
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 8 thick slices raisin loaf, crusts removed
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup
The instruction how to make Raisin bread & butter puddings
- Preheat oven to 190u00b0C. Brush four 125ml (1/2-cup) ramekins or ovenproof dishes with the melted butter to grease.
- Spread the butter over one side of each bread slice. Cut each slice into 4 squares. Press 4 squares into each greased dish.
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence together in a medium jug.
- Place the dishes on a baking tray and pour half of the egg mixture slowly over the bread. Press another 4 bread squares lightly into each dish and pour remaining egg mixture slowly over the top so it soaks into the bread.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and bake puddings in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until set. (They will puff up once cooked, then sink on standing.)
- Serve the puddings drizzled with the golden syrup.
Nutritions of Raisin bread & butter puddingscalories: 581.009 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 8 grams saturated fat
calories: 85 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 133 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 388.34 milligrams sodium